Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I had no idea Neil Gaiman is a LomoAmigo.  Neil Gaiman, for the uninitiated, is the rock star of the literary world.  He truly is.  

I mean, he looks like one:

Neil Gaiman via Lomography.com
Back when he made his first trip to the Philippines, to promote his then new book, Anansi Boys, a few of my friends and I trooped to see him.  The lines were long, and it was still a few hours before the book reading.  So everyone was stunned to see him arrive.  People actually screamed and clapped.  So, yeah, rock star for book nerds.

He also takes awesome analogue photos.



I love this article where he talks about his experience as a lomoamigo.  I also love that they're giving away his Lomo LC-A+.  I sure as hell entered.  I mean, if you're going to have a second-hand camera, might as well come from a rock star, right? :)

k.


No comments:

Post a Comment