Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bridge
via Liane Ng's photostream


Navy Pier



Chicago Skyline, from Merchandise Mart
via David Mihaly's photostream

I finally gave in.  I bought the Ansco Pix Panorama after pining for it since last year.  I'm hoping to get photos as good as these photos above.  It should arrive today or tomorrow.

What I love about the photos is that, being the frustrated screenwriter that I am, they all look like they could be stills from a film.  Plus, it's 35mm.  I would love to able to use 120mm cameras, but they're just a pain to find, and totally expensive too.

Now I'm going through photos on flickr shot with the Ansco Pix Panorama, and it's getting me all excited.  I notice how good most of the photos are, as they can look dreamy, or clear, or moody, depending on the available light.  And I think I can use it in low-light settings, which I haven't been able to do with the zumi or the disderi, so that gets me excited.  I was just wondering, does anybody else do that to an obsessive level before getting a new camera - browse through flickr for photos taken with said camera?  I do that all the time - and it works both ways: I get super excited about the camera, but then end up really disappointed when my first test rolls do not turn out the way I want.  But I suppose that's part of the deal, right?  It makes triumphs far sweeter, I suppose.

I'll definitely share my first photos after I receive the camera.

k

No comments:

Post a Comment