Friday, March 4, 2011

I've been a fan of a twin-lens reflex (tlr) cameras since I laid my eyes on one in a local photo lab/store.  It was an old, non-functioning Rolleiflex (or it could have been a Yashica - my memory isn't too great, I'm afraid). 

As soon as I got home, I researched with all my might for that amazingly "weird-looking" camera.  From that moment on, I knew I wanted one.  Unfortunately, TLRs are hard to find these days and are quite expensive (I can't possibly get another camera that uses 120 film, right?)

A Rolleiflex tlr via Danielle Hughson's photostream

But I cannot resist the charm of looking through a waist-level viewfinder.  My less expensive solution? A Blackbird, Fly toy camera! 

the blackbird fly toy camera via blackbird, fly.

This baby will allow you to shoot in 3 formats -  normal 35mm, square format (24mm x 24mm), and large square format (36mm x 36mm).  It comes in a beautiful array of colours, and most importantly it uses 35mm film - what's not to love?

It may take a while, but I cannot wait until I get my hands on this beauty.

- V.


No comments:

Post a Comment